where brands (and people)
go to work
DDCworks, a 40-plus year old, full-service Advertising, Public Relations and Media agency, is seeking interns to join its Digital Services Department. Local students looking to gain industry experience and learn the ropes with one of the region's most successful firms are encouraged to apply. Position offers both hourly compensation and academic credits. Offices are located in Conshohocken, PA, just minutes from Center City, Philadelphia with access to public transportation.
Digital/Web Developer Intern
This intern position will involve designing and providing web administration support to keep the company website working smoothly, hands on internal projects, along with first hand experience in developing client sites. The website developer must be familiar with implementing visually rich websites using the latest web technologies but also be capable of producing code and markup that will still render in legacy browsers (IE 8+). Candidates must possess the abilities to take initiative and feel comfortable working both in Photoshop and HTML/CSS side-by-side.
- Knowledge of PHP, MySQL and other scripting languages
- Understanding of Progressive Enhancement to utilize HTML5/CSS3 when available or needed
- Fluent in converting PSD compositions into code
- Working knowledge of cross-browser and platform consistencies/quirks
- Fluent with layout and design applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with managing websites through cPanel
- Develop for CMS WordPress (other CMS’s a plus)
- Experience working in a Linux, Apache production environment (a plus)
- Mobile web development experience (Adaptive & Responsive is a plus)
Nice to haves but not required:
- Motion graphics skills in AfterEffects
- Video skills in Premiere Pro, 3d design
- Knowledgeable of social media platforms, strategy and implementation a plus
Interested students should send resumes or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.